Tuesday, March 12, 2013

3/11/13: Erie, PA

Thus begins my 3 city/split/Birthday week.

I'm not gonna lie...when we first got to Erie and I looked around - my reaction was this:

Statue located outside the Erie Art Museum
The area we were in was scary, the hotel was dirty and scary (though I believe it was the best Erie had to offer), I saw a man snuff paint thinner outside a Starbucks that contained more homless people than the run down McDonalds a block away, reviews about our hotel said to watch out for the Meth-Heads....Basically I was relieved it was a one night only gig.

But the audience really surprised me.  They were incredible!  Got every joke - and enjoyed the show in spades.  I really do believe it was one of our best shows yet.  Part of that credit goes to our Gomez, Jesse Sharp, who saved the tail end of the show from what could have been disaster.  Morticia's dress had a tiny mishap (its supposed to open up and pin in the back so she can dance the tango - but got stuck together somehow) - and he took the moment and ran with it.  Turned it into some great Improv lines that the audience will never forget - even making a mention to how "erie" it was...brilliant.  Just goes to show that sometimes the best things come in scary, paint-thinner scented packages...

0 comments: