Thursday, March 28, 2013

3/25/13-3/27/13: Syracuse, NY

I wasn't sure what to expect out of Syracuse.

I have never been personally but for some reason in my mind it was going to be very drab and boring - but I was wrong.  Syracuse is a thriving college town actually.  Up on 'The Hill' near the college area, there were tons of restaurants and shops.  I ended up trying out one called Funk N Waffles - which sounds like it should have been scary - but was uber cool.  It had a very 70s disco feel to place and served up both savory and sweet homemade waffle dishes.  The one I tried, the All Shook Up, featured a bacon infused waffle topped with bananas and honey with a side of organic peanut butter. (What?! I know!)  So good!  Also ended up having lunch one day with my fellow cast mate, Liz, at an Indian place that had a to die for Lunch buffet for $9.  Gotta love college towns.  Syracuse also boasts the originally Dinosaur BBQ, which is worth a gander as well.

Though were were only here for 3 days, lots transpired - its never dull in Addams land.  First off, we arrived on the day of Jewish Seder.  Both of our Pugsleys come from Jewish homes - and one of their mom's is actually a Rabbi.  She planned a big Seder for anyone who wanted to attend and I heard it went off very well.  Sadly I was not feeling up to it that night and didn't make it.  We also had our superstudy, Lexie Dorsett, go on for her other cover as Alice when Blair came down with a horrible stomach virus.  I am truly in awe of Lexie and all or our superstudies - to be able to go on at a moments notice like that with a fully developed character that you've never gotten to perform as until that moment is a talent that I just don't know if I could pull off.  She was brilliant to say the least.  Happily, Ms. Blair is feeling better and will be rejoining us in Sioux Falls.  And if you're keeping track, that's 3 roles for Ms. Dorsett within a 3 week span...the theatre world is a crazy place ya'll.

0 comments: