Sunday, June 2, 2013

5/31/13-6/1/31: Knoxville, TN

OMG - We are officially in the last month of this leg of the tour - which means.....ASIA is just around the corner!  I'm so incredibly excited that I almost can't stand it.

In addition to our scheduled Asia stops - I have 10 days off on the continent to just vacation.  So I'm going to spend my time in Bangkok, Thailand.  I have so much planned - a cooking class, a Buddhist meditation workshop, dinner cruise, an Elephant ride through the jungle, a few day trips... It is going to be life changing and just out of this world.

But I'm about a month ahead of myself....

These past 2 days we spent in Knoxville, TN at the Historic Tennessee Theatre.  The venue is to die for gorgeous and seated right in the middle of downtown.  I've been to Knoxville previously (with Curious George) - so I didn't do alot of sight seeing this time around.  I've been on a money saving kick since my trip to the ER ($4K and counting...never doing that again).  But I had a blast last time.  There's a great Worlds Fair park with a huge fountain that we all played in (like happy 5 year olds) for about an hour - and tons of shops and restaurants (including a great Gelato shoppe and a French Crepe Store).  All very cute.

This stop we had Lexie, one of our superstudies, go on - but PLANNED this time (lol) - as our normal Alice was at a wedding.  We call her the Value Sized Alice - since she's so much taller than our usual one (and towers over Mark, who plays her husband).  She's also our Morticia superstudy - and has been on for both characters previously - so it was no biggie working her into the show.  She did splendidly, of course - and will also go on in our next city.  Blair, our regular Alice, will be rejoining us on Monday in Jackson, MS.  So aside from that - its business as usual...  The shows all went very well - the crowds were very receptive to the show - and all of the locals were experienced and fun to work with.  They even threw an opening night Wine and Cheese meet and greet to mingle with the audience - which is always fun.  Now off to one of our last One Nighters - Oxford, MS!


0 comments: