Sunday, October 27, 2013

10/25/13-10/26/13: New Brunswick, NJ

Even though we were only here for 2 days - it feels to me like we were here longer.  Maybe thats because we are so close to home - in fact many of the cast members commuted back and forth from the city for the show.  Though I stayed here in the Jersey side for the whole time.  


Both Amanda (Grandma) and Aaron (Caveman) are from NJ so they had tons of friends and family at the shows, which made it all the better.  I even had a guest make his way down.  One of my 'kids' from when I directed/taught children's' theatre back in Tampa is now going to AMDA (my college) in New York - Nothing makes you feel older or prouder really lol.  But he had a free night and was able to have his Uncle drive him over to the show last night. That was cool.  We went out to a diner afterwards and talked a bit about the show and AMDA and things.  Lots of fun.

We also got a visit from Jeremy Schinder and family - Jeremy was one of our Pugsleys who left the tour after our stint in Asia - so it was nice to see him and his family again.  Jonathan Ritter, who taught all of the choreography for the show to us back in rehearsals also stopped by to see us.  Lots of reuniting going on in New Brunswick.  

The crowds here were fantastic too - which always makes the shows more fun.  After our first show here on Friday, the venue threw an opening night mixer for us to mingle with some of the patrons of the State Theatre.  That was fun - I always like meeting people who support the arts (and make my job possible).

I'm also loving the feel and look of fall all around - definitely my favorite time of year.  

Well, its back to 2 one-nighters before we sit down for a bit at our Halloween stop.  On the bus to Stony Brook, NY right now actually - getting ready for our sold our show tonight!

0 comments: