Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4/23/13: Tallahassee, FL

A short drive later and we find ourselves in the capital city of my state.

I've actually played here before, with Thomas the Tank Engine, a few years ago - but this was the first time I've been with a non-family tour. The one thing I remember about this city (funnily enough) is a really good, cheap college hang out called Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack - which had some of the best affordable oysters I've ever had.  So I was kinda excited about going there again after the show.

BUT - we found out very last minute that the venue was throwing an after show party for us. So no oysters for me - but I was more than happy to go to this party instead.  I mean they were not kidding around - We're talking carving stations, sushi, open bar with wine and champagne flowing - and an ice sculpture.  I don't think I've even ever seen an ice sculpture in real life lol.  It was incredibly awesome and we all had a great time.  We followed it up by going back to the hotel and watching the latest Drag Race episode (still convinced that Roxxxy Andrews is going down - she seems pure evil on the show and can't be given a crown in my opinion...).



A long drive tomorrow into the Panhandle - Pensacola here we come!

0 comments: