Friday, April 5, 2013

4/4/13: Columbia, MO

Not much to blog about today really...another long drive into a show...

Only today, I wasn't feeling so hot.  Lots of small things that I thought were random individual occurrences are turning out to be foreshadowing of sickness it seems.  I took a Robitussin PM for the bus ride today which zonked me out for the bus ride and another 2 hours after we arrive at the hotel.  But even so, I was feeling iffy though most of the show and visited the facilities continuously throughout.  I made it though and forewent (sadly) Lexie's post show birthday party for bed after the show was over.

The venue itself was another college - we have one more stop on our college tour after this.  And apparently the stage was a lot smaller than the crew anticipated - because after lunch we got word that this would also be a Set Understudy show like we had done a few days ago.  Only at this one - there was no room for the Costumes to live in the building, so all of our costume changes were don't outside among college students walking around campus.  Oh the glamorous life, right? LOL.  I actually liked that though - it was sooooo much cooler outside than onstage, so it gave me a way to cool down between scenes.  The dressers were telling us that most shows through this venue have this setup due to lack of space in the building (which is a lecture hall).  They said that when Beauty and the Beast came through last Halloween, some of the Wolf Puppeteers and the Beast would hide behind the bushes in the off time and scare people in the streets - LOL.

Our lunch stop today was pretty notable too - we had a mini hiatus on Main Street in St. Charles - which is a very fun, old-timey area with lots of nic-nac shops and mom and pop restaurants.  My mom's best friend lives in St. Charles, so when I was little we were there a lot.  It was kinda cool to walk around and see the area - all I really remember from it when I was little was that the streets were made of brick.

One more small drive to Springfield though - and we are at our last stop of One Nighters before our 2 week sit down in FL!  Just keep swimming....

0 comments: