Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5/21/13: Sioux City, IA


This is my 2nd trip to Sioux City - though last time I was here was with Curious George Live! and we were playing the local arena.  I remember it mostly because its one of the cities where my 'long lost' family got to see me perform.  I say 'long lost' because when I was 7 our family moved from the St Louis area to Florida.  Most of my family is in Chicago and parts of IA - so I just didn't see them for 20 years or so.  Once I started touring - I met several cousins who were born after we moved and met up with some Aunts and Uncles who I hadn't seen since the early 80s.  This was one of those places.

Anyway - THIS time we played the theatre.  And it was a nice change after the interesting Auditorium show the night before.  This show also marked the last of our 10 show/8 day week - so that was nice.  It went well - no major issues - just your typical show.  The one cool thing was that my Dresser (the local crew person assigned to help me with costume changes) ended up being an ex VEE employee.  VEE was the company that put out Curious George - and also does the Sesame Street shows, which is what she'd done.  Kinda cool - oh, also the local Wig guy had toured with Wicked for 3 years.  Also kinda cool.  But thats really it.  Not much happened aside from some travel knitting and a lot sleep.

Now we have a day off (sort of) while we drive from the top of the country to the bottom - next stop: TX!

0 comments: