Monday, May 6, 2013

5/3/13 - 5/5/13: Huntsville, AL

Interesting stop on the tour for me to say the least...

During the second show on our second day of shows (we were here for a 5 show weekend) I had to be pulled from the performance halfway through Act One because I was experiencing severe Vertigo, Tunnel Vision and Lightheadedness.  It was the weirdest thing... As we started the show I felt a little dizzy but it passed right away - but then  midway through the opening number it started to come back.  It became very hard to focus on things - the smoke and lighting in the show were wigging me out.  I was having to focus on my breathing more and more to make sure I stayed conscious - all not good.  After the first number, I went straight to our stage manager and explained what was happening but was told that there wasn't much we could do since the show had started.  I went and rested until the next scene - but during the next scene it got even worse - once the company manager, Deb, got there, we pulled me from the show and my superstudy, Aaron Fried went on as Fester for the rest of the show.

Deb took me over to the ER at Huntington Hospital - where I stayed til about 3AM getting a barrage of (very expensive) tests done all to find out that my blood pressure was high.  I was given a 3 week prescription for Norvasc and went back to the hotel to rest.  Needless to say I took the next day of shows off as well - which was sad, since I missed our 100th performance.  But my roommate, Mark, brought me a cupcake from the celebration.

Sooooo that was a little scary - and something that's never happened before.  Lets hope it doesn't happen again...I think it was brought on by a series of things: 1)The stress over my Chase debit card (which I didn't have in my possession STILL, so Deb had to put the down payment on the company credit card) 2)I'd started P90X this week - and it might have been a little too much for me right now 3)I'd lost 6lbs in 4 days - all of which put me in a more fragile situation than normal...so needless to say, I'm taking it a little easy for the next few weeks...

0 comments: