Friday, May 24, 2013

5/23/13: Odessa, TX

Back in TX again.  It seems like only yesterday I was eating by the Riverwalks of San Antonio....oh wait - it practically was almost yesterday lol.  Touring does that to you - all of your days and cities start to blend into one another.

We did take a day off yesterday - which was actually filled mostly with driving from IA to OK - and stayed the night in Oklahoma City.  Its was kind of sad, knowing the tragedy that many OKCers have just gone through with their string of tornadoes.  There were definitely several families (and pets) staying at the hotel we were at after losing their homes.  So sad.  I wish there was something we could have done to help out while we were there - but we were only there for the evening and it had been a long day of travel to get there as it was...so instead I was left to my own selfish musings, which included walking over to the mall next to our hotel to buy an HDMI converter for my Mac (so I can now watch movies/Netflix on the hotel TVs) and to catch an early showing of the new Star Trek movie (which was pretty good - though I don't think its better than the first...)

Next day we drove for a good portion of the day to get to Odessa, TX - where Claire was from in Heros (SAVE THE CHEERLEADER SAVE THE WORLD).  I didn't see any death defying cheerleaders or supervillians though.  Actually I was surprised that anyone was at our show that evening as there didn't seem to be any sign of civilization around the venue and there was a huge thunderstorm a-brewing.  But we were close to sold out I'm told - which is pretty cool.  The venue itself was very nice - almost just over a year old.  And the show went very well.  Tomorrow we head down to the US/Mexican border for our 2 day stop in El Paso.

OH - while I didn't see any superheros in Odessa - I did see a huge mountain of couches piled up outside our hotel.  I guess they were remodeling or something - but I leave you with this:


0 comments: