Sunday, May 12, 2013

5/6/13-5/12/13: San Antonio, TX

After all that has happened to me lately - I'm incredibly glad that our next week sit down was now and here in San Antonio.

Just to update everyone on my state of health... I'm doing much better.  I wouldn't say that I'm at 100% just yet - but I'm definitely at 95% or so.  I filled my prescription the moment the plane touched down in San Antonio and I got hold of my new Debit card (finally) - and its been slowly regulating things... I started the week at about 80% - still a little dizzy ( that didn't really go away til about Friday) and hard to focus - but I found that I could at least do the show and not push it - which was great, since I had several people coming to see me this week - which by the way I was SO happy to see both Kelly & Erik Gonzalez and Jess Harper and families!!.  I took this week off in the 'exercise' department but figure I'll start up slowly next week - doing about 3 miles on the treadmill 3 days a week - then 5 days - then 5 miles - after Asia, I'll pick up P90X again since I should be doing ok by then...


This week we got to spend time out and about in San Antonio - but since this is my 4th trip here in as many years...I pretty much stayed in and rested.  I took advantage of the time to plan out my trip to Bangkok - and buy flights and hotel rooms and tours and whatnot - the most exciting part is that I am now scheduled to take a half day cooking class from The Blue Elephant restaurant AND a 2 day Buddhist meditation class from the House of Dhamma.  Soooooo excited - I'll also be taking a day trip out to Atthuya and one to the Deathbridge over the River Kuai, the floating markets and the Tiger Temple (where the Tigers live docilely with the Monks and you can pet them or feed them...amazing...)  It will be one interesting trip!  I had thought originally to go to Beijing for part of my time off.  I really wanted to see the Great Wall of China - but its just not going to work out so - I'll have to make sure I go back to Asia again someday...

I did venture out to the movies (twice) - to see Ironman 3 and the new Gatsby movie - loved them both.  I think Luhrman really captured the lol.  I also made it down to the Riverwalk for a bit - always nice to stroll down the Riverwalk whenever you're in SA.  Also made it over to a little Drag restaurant called Luther's on Monday to watch the Drag Race finale - sooo happy to see Jinkx Monsoon win.  She deserved it.
feel of the book with his film - and bugger the critics to don't agree

The theatre we were at was one of the most beautiful ones we've seen yet - It was made to look like a little Mexican village on the inside, complete with stars and clouds floating in the 'sky' over the audiences' seats.  Just breathtaking.  And the audiences here were phenomenal - each show was better than the next.  Loved meeting the people outside the stage door too - had a great time chatting with them all!

All in all: a great week of rest and healing and good theatre....

0 comments: