Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27/2014: Wausau, WI

Another cold one today.

On our way to Wausau, we stopped off in Madison for lunch.  Madison is a really nice WI town - when I was doing A Christmas Carol at the Armory Theatre in Janesville, WI - Madison was the closest 'big city' to us - so we hit it up a few times.  I got it in my head that I wanted to go to this pub that I'd been to before what had some amazing cheese curds and beer cheese soup.  So when they dropped us off and I looked it up on my phone and it was only .3 miles away, I was stoked.  What I didn't count on was the wind.

OMG.  It was like -15 or something without the wind - which was cold enough. As I made my trek (seriously only about 8 blocks) to the pub - I hit an area of open space around the Capital building…and the wind hit me.  By the time I got to the pub I (no joke) could not feel my legs whatsoever.  I was certain that I had frostbite or something awful.  Apparently my jazz pants are not made to keep out the cold…It literally took about an hour and a half of being on the bus AFTER our lunch break for my legs to fully regain feeling.  Awful  - just Awful…

I am so glad that we did the overnight drive last night though - as we got into the hotel around 4ish and only had about 30 mins before we were back on the bus to theatre.  The hotel we were at was fairly quaint - and the theatre was nice.  We had a bunch of the same locals from when we were in Appleton, WI last year - so that was fun.

After the show, I met up with Amanda and Galloway to film a little Soap Opera-esque scene I had written for my Vlog.  They were brilliant - it was so funny - and the Vlog piece turned out fantastic - one of my favorites!!  Fester At The Movies!  Check it out!

0 comments: