Sunday, November 17, 2013

11/15/2013-11/17/2013: Birmingham, AL

Well, I called it.  Didn't get to see much - actually ANY - of Birmingham.  Was at the theatre the entire time with shows - but thats ok.  I remember coming through before and seeing a bit of it at least.

The theatre that we were at -the BJCC was great.  Beautiful dressing rooms. Large stage where all of our set pieces fit (thats getting to be a luxury.  You know your tour has gone form B to C level when…).  Huge green room.  Lovely.

The thing that struck me most about our time in Bham though were the people.  They are really one of a kind in the best way.  Everyone is incredibly personable - they all want to chat for bit and are very sweet.  Now, granted, most of the people I met were Lexie Doresett's family and friends. I think she had a good 300 or more come through during the weekend.  And all I can say is that we should always play for Lexie's crowds - they were awesome audiences. And her father brought in some of the families Blackberry cobbler for the cast and crew.  Let me tell you - if I could eat nothing else but that blackberry cobbler for the rest of my life, I'd die happy.

In between shows one day I did get a chance to sit down with Dan and Bryan and play through a Scenario of LEVEL 7- we're trying to get through all of the new expansion scenarios before Dan leaves us - which is in about 2 weeks I should think.  Doable.  And I love this new expansion - it really adds some twists to the already established game.  Lots of fun.

The schedule is definitely starting to take its toll on us though - and sadly its not letting up anytime soon - in fact the worst is still to come (lol).  We had 2 understudies have to go in during our 5 shows - and 2 others that were on standby.  Which is always fun for us onstage since it makes the show seem new again - but so many all at once means that we really need a day off -- and one thats not on the bus.  Which won't happen til we have our 3 weeks off in December though so - Mucinex and Advil it is...

0 comments: