Monday, November 18, 2013

11/18/2013: Conway, AR

One Nighter yet again (sigh)

But this time we stopped in Memphis for lunch on the way to Conway - which was awesome.  Memphis is a great little place and I actually wish we had more time to spend there.  The spot I randomly picked for lunch actually kinda sucked.  Pig on Beale or something - not very good at all despite the 100s of trophies in their window for their cooking (Don't be fooled).  But next door was this great general store called Schwabs.  We stopped in and chatted with the folks and Blair and I overdosed on sugar - had a HOMEMADE ice cream float - and by homemade I mean the SODA was home made. Unbelievably good!  Should have just popped in there front eh get go.  We were also randomly in town at the same time that Justin Timberlake was for some homecoming show.  I didn't see him but we saw a crowd of people outside one joint and figured he was there (lol).

The hotel we ended up at in Conway sort of overshadowed the show - which I honestly don't remember because I was so excited to get back to the hotel (lol).  We stayed at a Candlewood Suites - which are my FAVORITE places to stay for a number of reasons - all the rooms are suites with half kitchens (AH!) and the laundry is free.  They also have a mini convenience store which is totally under the honor system .  You can bet I ran over to the Walmart and bought the fixings for some delicious roast veggies and spent the night snacking on my home cooking while I did laundry.  Was awesome -but sadly, as I said…I don't remember a thing about the show...

0 comments: